Make Your Bed





How can something so simple be so important?  My father deemed it a requirement to live in his house.  Make your bed and to his specifications.  He even bounced a quarter off the bed to make sure it was done right. Little did I know he was teaching a lesson?  The first task of the day was to make my bed.  Get that done and other task will follow.  Maybe, my day would entail more significant task than making a bed but if I completed the smallest task I would be more likely to accept the challenge of larger assignments. I made my bed according to how I had been instructed and to the best of my ability.  By insisting that I make my bed my father taught me that if I did the simple, small things well I would be better prepared to go out and make a difference in the world. 
Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

A simple command was given to the church.  Make disciples. This looks like a pretty straight forward job description for the people of God.  If we would start with making disciples all else would fall in place.  Maybe the church is not as effective as it should be due to a failure to complete the first task Jesus set forth.  The church does not get to determine its own mission nor strategy. When we fail to make disciples, it is a dereliction of duty and shows total disregard for a commanding order. Making your bed is the first order of the day.  Making disciples is the first agenda item for the church and in doing so we will become the difference makers in our world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Bee Clean Car Wash 1 on Nacogdoches in San Antonio | Free Vacs | Free Air