I'm At Peace


Five years is a long time when your life is turned upside down.  In 2010, my mother knew my name, walked and talked with me and shared a meal at my dinner table.  The effects of Lewy Body Dementia changed everything.   Over the years, the ravages of disease took its toll.  She no longer recognized her husband of 59 years.  She forgot how to walk, how to take care of her bodily functions or how to feed herself. 

But through it all there was a peace about her that never waned.  The sparkle in her eyes never dimmed.  She was a calming presence in a devastating situation.  Finally, she forgot how to breathe.  On August 28, 2015, she was released from the confines of her stiffened, contracted body.  The peace she shared with all who knew her was extended to her by God, eternally.

John 14:1-7
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[bAnd if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?