But it Hurts



My deltoids hurt.  My triceps and my biceps are sore.  Raising my arms is akin to lifting dead weight.  I worked on my upper body at the gym yesterday.  I felt nothing last night but this morning was another story.  Exercise is beneficial and has its rewards.  The problem I have with working out is eventually everything hurts.  Why does something considered good for you have to hurt?  It’s even worse when you stop your routine for an extended period then return to the gym.  Your muscles forget they have done this before so the pain returns.  Eventually, my body feels better, my energy increases and my stamina improves.  But it does hurt.
Romans 5:3-4
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Tribulation hurts.  Those who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior should expect pain.  Endurance, perseverance, character and hope are the by-product of a life fraught with disappointment, betrayal, backstabbing, grief and sickness.  Believers are not exempt from pain.  Not only should we accept pain in life, we are commanded to glory in our pain.  We need a new attitude, a new biblical view of pain and a new vision.  When we see God as our physical trainer working us out for our good, then we can praise Him for the results.  The benefits are worth it, but it will hurt.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?