False Advertising


I cannot stand over ripe bananas.  Despite checking for color, firmness and smell, I chose what I hate the most.  The banana peel was a luscious yellow with minimal brown discolorations.  I did not detect any soft spots.  It actually smelled like a banana.  The first two bites were satisfying.  Then a peeled the banana past the midway point and there to my amazement, mushy brown spots.  What a disappointment!  Since I had no plans to bake banana bread, I discarded the defective fruit.  As far as I was concerned I had been duped by false advertising.  The banana covering was a fraud.  It looked good but upon further inspection, it was dented, distasteful and quite damaged.  You cannot even judge a banana by its cover.

Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

God is not happy with false advertising either.  Those who profess to know Him, claim to be His children and yet when the cover of religiosity is removed, they produce nothing, profess nothing and profit nothing.  God’s people are blessed with the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) therefore when our lives are put under inspection, people ought to see obedience to the word of God, love, joy, peace, forbearance, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and works of kindness. Do not be fooled by false advertising.  Instead of checking the cover, check the works.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?