The Shadow


My shadow is the most honest thing I know
It follows me, whispering by past in my ear
It tells me what was truly there
What isn't any more
My shadow is braver than I when reaching for the stars for it convenes with the sun
Telling each other the direction of their opposing pilgrimages
One is east, the other north, and me
I am their mediator
They have so many inside secrets, my shadow and the sun
None that they tell me
They do not tell me my future
My sundown is my past and the sun, my present
What was so beautiful and moved swiftly
What is cannot be saved as my actions create a constant only to be changed by my interruption of that constant
I am the law of motion
What will be is another dream and another sunrise
Where will I be? I'll meet you on the ridge of what is so that we might see what will be
I'll guide you to the next horizon 

 By Zachary Howelton

Shadows are a part of the human experience.  We all have one.  Shadows lurk alongside or behind us as dark, ominous appearing images mimicking our actions in real time.  We have nothing to fear from a shadow that knows nothing of what lies ahead, can only follow our lead and disappears when the sun goes down.
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;

We all live under another kind of shadow.  This shadow is threatening, perilous and dark.  We most often encounter the shadow of death when we find ourselves in a valley.  Lest we forget, it is just a walk through the valley.  We walk and not run because we have peace.  We do not fret because we will not be there forever and besides, luminous growth occurs in a valley.  God sometimes allows us to spend time in the valley to stimulate growth.  The shadow of death is not to be feared because God is directing us along the right path, in the right direction toward the right destination.  The shadow of death cannot fathom what the future holds, can only do what we allow it to do and is destined to flee from our lives because two thousand years ago, the Son came down as a Light guiding us to a new horizon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?