Unfiltered





We are back from Singapore.  Watching our son on stage in the role of Donkey in the Broadway Musical “Shrek” was an unforgettable experience.  Parental pride ruled the day.  As luck would have it, we were able to spend some down time at Universal Studios Singapore.  Of course, we made our way to the Shrek Experience.  I thought the ride was underwhelming.  The colors were muted with a dark feel, almost eerie.  It seemed joyless unlike the movie.  Universal Studios missed the boat on this attraction.  Half-way through the ride I realized I had my sunglasses on.  Shrek and Lord Farquhar’s vibrant colors became clear.  My face alighted with a huge smile when I realized that the hilarious mischief and hijinks had been there all along.  With eyes uncovered, I could see the true essence of what the Shrek Experience had to offer.


1 Corinthians 13:12


12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.


Awesome, magnificent, spectacular can all describe God’s creation.  We cannot see Him but we can see His work.  He is the Master Craftsman.  Spend time absorbing the grandeur of the earth, the created beings and nature and as beautiful as His creation is, there are no words to describe what it will be like when our dimly lit glasses are removed.  What will we behold when unfiltered; we see a new heaven and a new Earth?  How wide will our smile be when we see Him face to face?  I can only imagine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?