It's Dirty



Why is my car so dirty?  There appeared to be a film of dirt covering the entire car.  I made plans to run through the car wash the next day.  Suddenly, I remembered my trip to Port Aransas earlier in the week.  I spent the day driving around sand, through sand and parked next to sand.  It had not occurred to me to wash my car when I returned home.  I had been driving a dusty car for days.  I had gotten comfortable getting in and out of my car not noticing the filth.  It was not until the light of the sun hit my car at the right angle, that I was able to see the dirt. 
John 13:5-10
After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. Then He came to Simon Peter. And Peter said to Him, “Lord, are You washing my feet?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.”
Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!”
Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.”
Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!”
10 Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean.
Dirt can hide in plain view.  Unless the Son reveals the dirt, we can walk blindly through our days unaware of our sinful thoughts and deeds.  Like Peter, we are comfortable living a compromised life, oblivious to God’s desire to wipe away our sins.  Peter’s feet certainly needed washing but more importantly, his heart was in dire need of cleansing.  Unless you look for the dirt, you will not find dirt.  Do not be like me and wait days to notice imperfections, submit your life to God’s washing on a daily basis.  Choose the Manager’s Special.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?