Picky Eatters



Picky eaters are the bane of a parent’s existence.  Nothing suits their fancy.  Their list of acceptable foods rarely rises above five.  Macaroni and cheese generally makes the list but then the kind of cheese used might be unacceptable. My name is Linda and I was a picky eater.  I spent hours at the dinner table refusing to clean my plate.  No way was I going to consume Brussels sprout or slimy okra.  My mother prepared healthy, well balanced meals but that was beside the point.  I decided what would enter my mouth.  Maybe that’s why I was such a scrawny, anemic kid.  I should have eaten what was served.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Picky listeners must be the bane of a Pastor’s existence.  The sermon does not meet their needs.  The Old Testament is off limits because it is too difficult to understand.  I can hear them say, “we are no longer under law but under grace so Old Testament scripture need not be a part of our diet.”  Picky listeners have favorite verses or books of the Bible.  Unless the Pastor’s sermon comes from the favorites list, the words are as mindless chatter.  Despite all attempts by a Pastor to preach the entire counsel of God, we want what we want which is why we are poorly equipped for the work of ministry and incomplete souls devoid of spirit.  In other words, picky listeners tend to be scrawny and anemic. Don’t make the mistake of a picky eater, listen to all scripture the Pastor serves up.  It will be food to your soul.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?