Holding Hands


Holding hands is the last memory I have that marked the end of childhood for Jared and Zachary.  Those tiny hands intertwined in mine were a constant reminder of the daunting task of motherhood.  Two small boys depended on their parents for everything.  They had complete trust that we would fulfill our role without fail.  We would take them where they needed to go, shield them from danger, feed them, keep a roof over their head and provide a bed to sleep in every night.  With no questions asked or inkling of doubt, they followed our lead. Love was assumed.  Their future assured.  Eventually, their hand fell away.  It was time to let go.  Deep down, I wish I could hold their hands forever.

Isaiah 41:13
13 For I, the Lord your God,
    hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
    I am the one who helps you.”


God longs to hold our hand.  We spend a lifetime snatching our hand away.  His desire is that we have the faith of a child.  With nothing to fear, reach for the Father’s hand confident in the knowledge that He is our help.  We can trust Him to be our guide, to provide, to protect, to encourage and to grow us.  Grab hold of His hand.  Do not let go. A smile crosses my face knowing my God is able to hold His child’s hand forever. Jared and Zachary are in good hands and so too am I. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?