I have ADD
My name is Linda Fay Howelton. I have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). You probable are affected as well. Check the lit of symptoms.
- .. Half way through a prayer you find yourself rehashing the day’s events or outright . falling asleep.
- Continuously forgetting what God has done for you in the past.
- . Fidgety in worship service, checking the time and wondering if that last song was necessary.
- . Dismissive of the gentle nudge by the Holy Spirit to redirect inerrant thoughts and to seek God first.
- . Unable to focus on His word for an extended period of time.
- . Procrastinating when it comes to doing His will.
- . A fascination about what everyone else is doing instead of completing your own assignment.
- . Unable to process and/or apply sermons until we’ve heard it at least four times from 3 different sources.
- . Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder runs in families.
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Six out of the above 10 identifiers denote a possible diagnosis of spiritual ADD. We all suffer sporadically from a touch of ADD when it comes to our spiritual walk. Be aware that the greatest obstacle to keeping our focus on God is an adversary whose primary pastime is to send a barrage of distractions, random thoughts and to do lists our way. The thief wants to steal our time, our focus and our determination to live a full life totally devoted to God. He is the ultimate instigator of spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder. Resisting Satan and submitting to the Lord is the cure.