Wake up!





I heard myself snore the other morning.  As I awoke from a deep sleep, it was as though I was hearing someone close by snoring and it was not my husband.  It was me.  Russell, I thought wrongly has accused me of snoring over the years.  I have adamantly refused to believe I snored.  Is that not ridiculous?  If I am asleep how do I know that I do not snore?  Matters not, I held to the notion that I am a silent sleeper until a few days ago.  Reality hit me in the face.  I could no long ignore the obvious. I finally woke up to the fact that I snore. 


Job 13:23


23 How many wrongs and sins have I committed?
    Show me my offense and my sin.
How many of us have spent a lifetime sleeping through our sins?  We go about our lives never considering the sins we commit each day.  We sit in worship service or Bible Study as one who has nothing to confess.  We confront others, interrogate others and throw darts at those who have fallen but not once do we take stock of our own lives.  Our family and friends have pointed out the cracks in our armor but we dismiss their concerns as unwelcomed comments meant to drag us down to “their level.”  We refuse to acknowledge the truth of scripture that all have fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)  Awake from the slumber of hidden sins and confess what God has made plain.  We must be willing to hear the worst about ourselves.  Sin is quiet, deceptive and malignant but in the stillness before God with ears and heart opened to His voice; wake up to sin’s presence.  God commands us to confess our sins and He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9) If we desire His righteousness, we must first wake up.


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Going Live!

The Serenity Prayer

Are you dirty?